Teros Home Security System
Teros connects and protects your entire home, not just a room as with other all-in-one home security devices. We worked with a third-party vendor called Abode that developed the hardware, and Asurion rebranded it. Since May 2017, the Teros Home Security System has been sold across all Verizon 24 stores in the pilot region of North Georgia. The primary purpose of this product was to explore the market for home security.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Collaborated with marketing account managers, project managers, copywriters and sales representatives. Created a variety of mediums from print to digital including consumer packing, printed product, website design, marketing plan layout, email, social media assets, brand creation and other types of communications. Directed animation agency(Pigeon) to create the video and gif animations.
Our brand is rooted in a dominant brand ethos - a way of thinking and doing business, a set of beliefs, that shape our personality and give customers and partners a brand worth embracing. Note the tone and
attitude: conversational and confident yet also friendly and empathetic.
Brand Personality: Competent & Enriching, Human & Personable, Simple, Clever & Innovative, Professional Grade.
Designed and built teroshome.com website with our branding messages with warm, friendly, reliable and same visual language.
Like the hardware, Abode developed the app and we rebranded and tweaked the app to modify for Asurion.
ONBOARDING EXPERIENCE - USER TESTING
We tested onboarding experience at the office with two product directors and one engineer. Here are some of the issues we found during testing. Based on our testing we tried to fix the problems for improvement.
1. Needed to speak to Teros Guardian agent to confirm whether we needed to activate/pay first and then start the setup process with a live agent
2. Taking too long to respond. It took around 4 minutes to link up to a live agent via chat.
3. Asurion packaging did not have any printed guides.
4. The Teros Home app – Needed correcting since the app is posted as Teros Home
5. teroshome.com/install and it was broken
6. If customer linked into Teros Help app from the Teros Home app, there was no way to escape the chat thread to make a voice call instead.
Customers who have purchased the Teros system
Facebook lead generation for individuals and who pressed the ‘Learn More’ button.
Communicate with existing customer on the status of their account.
Promote Teros to potential new customers.
Email 3 Sent 32 / Opened results 38%
Email 7: Sent: 27,776 / Opened results: 14.92%.
SOCIAL MEDIA BANNER CAMPAIGNS
Facebook Users that have liked our Business Page.
Educational for visitors to Facebook page.
SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGNS WITH GIF ANIMATION
Five animated GIFs for social media on Facebook with the Teros team and made the concepts. I provided all storyboards and descriptions to our agency. We only targeted within 200 miles of Atlanta, Georgia.
Opened GIF 1: 24,569
Opened GIF 4: 38,950
Average time viewing: 3sec
1. A family is moving and brings Teros with them to their new home.
2. Person drilling holes inside with exposed wires. With Teros you don’t need to be handy, you can just set up your devices wherever they fit best.
3. Setup and adding devices: Show split screen with a customer, and Teros Guardian talking through initial setup and adding Amazon echo or Nest camera.
4. No contracts and low price: Show contract unfurling and then being torn up or shredded.
Scripts and Storyboards
Family Moving with Teros
Adding Devices with Guardian
No Drilling Holes Required
No Contracts and Low Price
Verizon Indirect Customers (walk-in or appt in-store).
Client Services/Store Mgmt/Sales Agents; and 2) Verizon Indirect Customers.
Educational at the POS.
Brand awareness and locations to purchase.